Saturday, June 5, 2010

#4: Missed a week!

I wish I had a really cool reason why I didn't post last week but in all honesty, I just forgot.

Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend and turned out to be a good time (though I wasn't really surprised).  Friday night, Liz, Nina and I saw "Sex & The City 2".  I would not recommend it.  The fashion was wonderful, as it always is, and Aidan made an appearance but the best part of the movie was when Liza Minnelli sang "Single Ladies" at the gay wedding.  And that was within the first half hour.  And then we were there for what seemed like an eternity with Liz saying "I'm so angry" about every five minutes until it was over.

Saturday redeemed my weekend with Liz's birthday bonfire.  I'm happy that some of my friends are her friends too so Trudy, Jaci and Ryan joined us.  We all ended up sitting around the fire late that night and reenacting this YouTube sensation: Mysterious Ticking Noise.  Then I had it stuck in my head for days but it was worth it because it was actually quite fun.

Sunday was Liz's 20th birthday and we spent it at the cabin.  We brought the pupperoo and he was happy to be in such a wide open space.  We went out on the boat and it was wonderful.  We ate good food.  We enjoyed each others' company (until I made Liz angry at dinner but we've moved on, I think).  I love the cabin so I was happy to be there.

The rest of my week has been rather uneventful until now.  I did get to see my friend Justin who has been in Hong Kong for the past semester so that was great because I really missed him.  Then last night, Trudy, Jaci and Allison came over to work on wedding plans for Allison (who is getting married exactly three months from yesterday).  The girls stayed until 2:15 this morning and now I'm waiting for them to come home so we can drive down to Winona and pick up our bridesmaid dresses.  I'm excited not only for the dresses but for a road trip with the girls (which I don't think we've ever done) and to be back in Winona, even if its only briefly.

I guess there's not much more to report at this moment.  I'm happy to be here and I think that's all that matters.

----------
I'm reading: Normal Girl by Molly Jong-Fast.  Its about some 19-year-old socialite who does drugs and thinks she killed her boyfriend.  I'm not super far in to it and I'm not sure if I like it or not but hey, its something to do.
My nails: OPI's "Fit for a Queensland"... I took a picture of my nails and the polish like last time but it was weird and I found this picture to be so much cuter:

No comments:

Post a Comment