Thursday, September 1, 2011

Food Challenge: PEACHES/Peach Sorbet

Recipe #3 of my peaches challenge.  I wanted to make a peach ice cream but then I remembered I don't love peach ice cream and then I also remembered what happened last time I made ice cream and decided to pick another route.  The obvious next choice is sorbet!

This was so easy to make and once I figured out how to use my stupid ice cream machine, it was a complete breeze!
Peach Sorbet
Recipe from: Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
4 cups chopped fresh peaches
½ cup sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
½ cup water
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.  Chill mixture in refrigerator for at least two hours.  Once chilled, freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.  Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.

I didn't let it freeze for 4 hours before taking this picture.  You can see how its already melting.  I'm sure it'll be perfect in 4 hours but right now it tastes lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment