Saturday, February 23, 2013

Peak 10: Week Four

I'm halfway done!

And I'm actually sore today after the cardio workout.  That feels good.

Some updates from the week:

On Tuesday, I was really worried about going to Peak with my knee feeling the way it was.  So I finally asked Jason, one of the physical therapists, at work to take a look at it.  Turns out that the muscle on the outside of my left thigh is very strong and the muscle on the inside of my left leg is weak and therefore my knee is getting messed up in the process.  So he taped my knee on Tuesday and Thursday and I felt more confident and secure in my workouts.  It still hurts so I have more work to do on it (exercising and hopefully some other therapy things) but at least I know what the problem is.

My right ankle started hurting last week.  Then I got some foot orthotics so I'm breaking those in now and I'm hoping that eliminates the ankle pain AND some of the knee pain.

Channel 5 news is coming to Bring It! studios on Monday to tape a Peak 10 class.  Its at 9:30 a.m. though so unfortunately I cannot go as I will be at work (I tried to get the day off but it was too short of notice).  It'll be cool to see on TV though!  Hopefully as soon as I find out when the spot will be on the news I'll post it on FB so you can see what I'm doing three times a week.

I didn't gain or lose weight this week.  I blame this 100% on my lack of focus and doing the diet so I'm determined to stick to the program for the next 4 weeks and see if anything changes.  I WILL be at yoga and Zumba this week in addition to my Peak classes.  I WILL eat better this week.

This morning Erin, our instructor, told me that when I do some of the weight exercises that I'm arching my back and throwing my weights up.  I know I do this.  I've been doing this ever since I started working out.  Its a bad habit but I just can't get the motions right.  She said that next week she'd help me work on it so I'm happy about that.  The last thing I want is to throw out my back in addition to my other stupid body pains.

I shall leave you with my favorite pre-workout song that gets me hyped up for Peak 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment