Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pizza Diet: Week 1

10/7/15: I was shopping for a few supplies for a cupcake decorating class I was set to teach on Thursday.  I had $6 to spend.  I was responsible enough with those $6 that I was able to find the cheapest frozen pizza that still looked okay to eat.  I believe it was like $3.24 and I got 3 meals out of it.  #winning.  I decided if I buy frozen pizza I will try to always get the same toppings/crust combo to compare and find out which is my favorite.
Brand: Roma
Type: Original crust, sausage
Size: 11 inches
Cost: $3.24
Review: This was your run of the mill frozen pizza.  It certainly wasn't anything special but it served its purpose and tasted okay.
10/8/15: Today I had the Roma leftovers for breakfast (2 slices) and dinner (2 slices).  I had some chicken tortilla soup for lunch as it was still sitting in my fridge and I didn't want it to go to waste. Like most frozen pizza, it is always better fresh from the oven as opposed to leftover the next day when it is sad and not so crispy anymore but I'm used to that.  I'll have to find a way to jazz up those leftovers!

10/9/15: I received a coupon a few months ago from Davanni's at Cleveland and Grand for a free solo pizza if I spent $5 or more.  I ended up taking an order for a coworker so I got my pizza for free on her order... it worked out nicely for me.  I ordered my favorite white pizza with sausage and ate 2 pieces for lunch and will eat the other 2 pieces for dinner.  I'm a little hungry already (I usually finish the whole solo pizza) but I'm working on my portion control as well (it is hard with pizza!).  I should have eaten a fruit or something but I didn't have anything on me.  I'll be sure to buy some at the grocery store this weekend!  Also more mints to keep at my desk because the white pizza is very garlicky and I have to talk to people all day and night... I also meal planned and wrote up a grocery list for the next week and I'm excited about all the pizza goodness that I will share soon!
10/10/15: I walked a 5K this morning for the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk.  So yay for exercise!  Of course then I got home, went grocery shopping and had Pizza Rolls for lunch (no picture because they look so unappetizing).  But I only ate 8 pizza rolls instead of the whole box (16) so there I go again with my moderation!  After helping some friends move in the afternoon and catching up on my Must-See-TV, I made Tasty's pizza monkey bread (see the video here!).  It was delicious.  Jaci and I enjoyed it while discussion graduate school and life.  It even tastes good as leftovers!  The biscuit-to-filling ratio was a bit off so I'll increase the filling the next time I make it and you better believe I'll make it again.  Yum!
10/11/15: I had some leftover pizza money bread for lunch today.  For dinner, I made my cheesy-spinach-pesto flat bread.  I didn't find naan flat bread like the recipe called for, instead I found some boring pizza flat breads.  I then failed to read the directions about having to pre-bake the flat bread for extra crispiness so the pizza was a little soggy.  BUT it was delicious and if you put enough cheese on anything, it will be good (in my opinion). 
10/12/15: This popped up in life today.  It is as if BuzzFeed caught wind of the best idea I've ever had then ruined it with its weird suggestions like putting Spaghetti-Os on pizza or using a granola crust (I've decided that doesn't count).  Still, the timing was kind of funny.  For lunch today I had leftover spinach-pesto pizza with heirloom carrots... and a handful of candy corn for dessert.  That was after eating 2 pieces of cinnamon bread, 3 cinnamon sugar donut holes and a chocolate croissant for breakfast.  I have a lot of work to do in the breakfast department... For dinner I was going to make a fancy pizza but it was freaking cold outside with a sad drizzle of rain so I wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I made pizza grilled cheese (cream cheese, pepperonis and mozzarella) which was deliciously enjoyed with the tomato soup.  It was just what I needed!
Yes, I put butter in my tomato soup.  My dad passed down his love of butter to me and I inherited my mom's high cholesterol.
10/13/15: Today I enjoyed my last bit of pizza monkey bread with my leftover tomato soup for lunch.  For dinner I enjoyed Red Baron Brick Oven Meat-Trio Pizza.  I realized after I bought it that there was ham on the pizza as part of the meat trio and I really don't like ham but the pizza was good, despite the less than favorable topping.
Brand: Red Baron
Type: Brick oven crust, Meat Trio
Size: 11 inches?
Cost: $4ish
Review: This was surprisingly good for a frozen pizza.  I don't usually love thick crust but there were lots of toppings and it was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment