Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Whole 30: Days 21-30

Day 21: I had a headache this afternoon through the evening. I'm not sure if this is because I didn't eat enough today or still because of my damn period. Who knows. I went to buy a plant at Lund's after work and as I went to check out I caught sight of these "veggie chips" made of kale, spinach and carrots. I skimmed the ingredients, thought I could eat them, enjoyed them immensely then thought they must be too good to be true- yup, there's white corn in it. Oh well. They are SO TASTY and I am very happy.
Breakfast- banana with almond butter and cinnamon 
Lunch- salad with blueberries, almonds and blueberry vinaigrette 
Dinner- angus beef burger, mango avocado salsa and veggie chips 
Dessert- zucchini brownie with chocolate coconut milk ice cream 

Day 22: I'm exhausted. I have been since day 1. People told me I would gain energy as I progressed but that seems to not be the case. I slept for 10 hours last night and could barely get up this morning. And it's not like I'm tossing and turning- I sleep through the night pretty regularly. So I got up this morning, made a smoothie with strawberries, raspberries and coconut milk and grabbed a lemon LARABAR to eat on my way to work. Both were gross so I didn't finish either. Our temp receptionist's last day is today and she brought treats- it took everything in me not to eat a donut. She was nice though and also brought bananas. So that was nice of her. 

No picture today- I didn't eat anything I haven't eaten before

Breakfast- banana
Lunch- asparagus, angus burger, strawberries 
Dinner- lamb, potatoes, carrots and turnips with Pom Chipotle sauce from Tastefully Simple

Day 23: Still tired. Nina thinks maybe I'm not eating enough carbs. So hopefully once I work my way back in I will find carbs to give me more energy. 
Breakfast- sumo citrus and Green Machine Naked juice  
Lunch- chicken avocado Cobb from Panera, no cheese  
Dinner- salad with taco meat, avo and mango salsa and veggie chips 
Dessert- mint chocolate coconut milk ice cream 

Day 24: I have a cold today (I refuse to believe ever that I have allergies, even if I might). So I came home and made chicken soup. I bought a rotisserie chicken and tossed it in a pot with chicken stock, sweet potato, carrots, celery, onions, garlic and kale. It was really delicious. I feel a little better. 
Breakfast- strawberries and omelette with tomatoes and sprinkled wth Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party dip
Lunch- Champps' guac burger (no cheese and no bun, I also didn't eat the pico de gallo) with sweet potato waffle fries 
Snack- orange carrot Naked juice 
Dinner- chicken and vegetable soup 
Dessert- zucchini brownie with chocolate coconut milk ice cream

Day 25: More eating out today.  It is tricky but I've managed.  We went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner and I already wasn't feeling great about our waiter- I asked him if the steak was prepared with butter (it wasn't) and how the coconut crusted shrimp was prepared (he gave me a less than helpful answer) and then I decided what I wanted and he said "wow, I thought you were going to be way more annoying" or something to that affect.  Nice.  I was not amused, even though he thought he was pretty funny.
Breakfast- watermelon, strawberry and kiwi smoothie
Lunch- mango chicken with broccoli from Chili's
Snack- veggie chips and mango/avo salsa
Dinner- petite sirloin, green beans and zucchini at Ruby Tuesday's
Dessert- banana with almond butter

Day 26: I fell off the bandwagon today.  I've been given many opportunities to cheat (a baguette from Panera Bread with my salad the other day was donated to a coworker, the pastries at VB this morning were gazed at but passed by) but then Liz and I went out to dinner before meeting some people at the restaurant and I decided to eat what I wanted.  We were at moto-i and that meant a delicious steamed bun with tempura shrimp and delicious mayo.  IT WAS SO GOOD.  Then I had the bistro steak and sweet potato fries for dinner and that was pretty much Whole 30 compliant.  However, then Liz ordered dessert and I ended up enjoying 2 Japanese donuts and some green tea ice cream (which was smooth and creamy like butter).  It was worth it last night but I told Liz I wouldn't be thanking her if I ended up throwing up the next day (so far so good).  I'm definitely ready for a beer and there were perfect choices last night but I decided to stay away from that until a few weeks from now.  Or maybe until I'm done with Peak 10 again.  We'll see.
Breakfast/lunch (I woke up late)- salad with chicken, blueberries, almonds and blueberry vinaigrette with strawberries on the side
Snack- Life Support juice from Freshii- kale, spinach, avocado, pineapple and banana
Dinner-  shrimp steamed bun, bistro steak with sweet potato fries, sugared donuts with green tea ice cream

Day 27: I actually feel okay after eating off-plan food last night.  Today was tricky for lunch because I was at a birthday party- I figured since I had eaten corn chips already I may as well just keep doing it so I ate chips and guacamole.  I passed on the birthday cake and awesome fresh ice cream from SDSU.
Breakfast- 2 eggs, avocado, mango
Lunch- watermelon, chips and guac at River's birthday party
Snack- salt and pepper pistachios
Dinner- shrimp with chimichurri sauce (parsley, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and garlic), tomatoes, sugar snap peas
Dessert- banana chips

Day 28: I had a really good day.  Then I went to Vera Bradley to work for the evening and suddenly all I wanted was ice cream.  And at that moment, I did not care how bad it was for me.  So I was going to go to Dairy Queen and get a Blizzard in a waffle cone (I am the target audience for so many commercials) but no one was working at the counter so I went to Smash Burger instead and got a PB&J smoothie that had whipped cream and peanut butter chunks on top.  It was so tasty.  And I downed it in my 15 minute break.  AND I didn't feel sick the next day.  So I win.
Breakfast- Watermelon, kiwi and strawberry smoothie
Lunch- leftover chicken/kale/vegetable soup
Dinner- peanut butter and jelly milk shake from Smash Burger

Day 29: We had a potluck at work today.  I decided to be done with the Whole 30 (well I kind of decided that last night when I drank the milk shake).  I made it many days.  It was good.
Breakfast- banana, Orange Carrot Naked Juice
Lunch- bacon wrapped breadstick, meatballs, caprese skewers, salsa with chips, mediterranean couscous, spinach poppyseed salad with strawberries and avocado, ooey gooey chocolate cake, Buster Bar ice cream cake
Dinner- Domino's
Dessert- banana with almond butter and sweetened coconut flakes
Fourth meal- 1/2 an enchilada (I was forced...)

Day 30: Well today's the day.  Technically I am supposed to start reintroducing foods to my diet tomorrow but since I failed to comply with the rules, I am not going to.  After not eating the best food for the past couple days, I actually don't feel sick like I thought I would.  I'm still exhausted (I need to figure out what's going on there) but otherwise I'm feeling good!
Breakfast- Green Machine Naked Juice
Lunch- spinach poppyseed salad, Buster Bar ice cream cake
Snack- Sumo citrus
Dinner- spinach salad with taco meat, cheese and avocado cilantro dressing with mango on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment