Thursday, April 3, 2014

Whole 30: Days 1-10

Day 1: I wanted an Altoid after lunch but the number 1 ingredient is sugar.  So boo to that.  And I refuse to buy sugar-free candy types of things because A. that's beside the point and B. they're full of artificial crap that I can't have anyway.  
Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 avocado, 1/2 a grapefruit
Lunch- I didn't think ahead and pack a lunch so I went to Chipotle.  They got my order wrong and I got chicken instead of carnitas but it was delicious nonetheless.  Lettuce, tomato salsa, chicken and guac.
Dinner- zucchini noodles with spaghetti sauce 


Day 2: I had a headache all day.  And I was really hungry between lunch and dinner so I ate a Coconut Cream Pie LARABAR.
Breakfast- Sausage and kale egg bake, blueberries and Green Goodness juice.
Lunch- leftover spaghetti and zucchini noodles
Dinner- roasted asparagus and avocado soup drizzled with olive oil.  Freaking delicious.


Day 3: My GI tract is not my friend today. Stomach cramps are the worst.  I am too busy at work to really think about any ailments I might have.  I'm drinking water, but not more than I usually do so I need to get on top of that. 
Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs, banana, almond butter
Lunch- egg bake, salad with blueberries and blueberry vinaigrette 
Dinner- steak with Rick Bayless taco skillet sauce, guac made with Rick Bayless guac starter and mango.  I love Rick Bayless.

Day 4: Still with the cramps and GI business.  Otherwise I feel fine.   I almost made banana and coconut milk "ice cream" for dessert but A. I'm not supposed to make dessert-types of things and B. I actually wasn't hungry after dinner, I just felt the need to eat dessert out of habit.  So yay for that!
Breakfast- egg bake, Naked Carrot & Orange juice
Lunch- Leftover soup
Dinner- chicken with Watkin's Chicken Seasoning (yes please Winona!) and asparagus.

Day 5: Stomach cramps & GI tract stuff still.  If I keep feeling so shitty (literally and figuratively, sorry for the TMI), I don't know how worth it this whole thing is.  I hope this is just the "carb flu" because I definitely feel like when I had the flu but without the body aches.
Breakfast- 3 eggs (will not make them in coconut oil next time because even though people say you can't taste the coconut in the oil, you totally can), guac and Naked Berry Machine
Lunch- OJ and tuna salad from Whole Foods
Snacks- clementine segments, herbed cashews, nut mix (almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts and raisins)
Dinner- Clementines and I made a soup with curry chicken (that I made in the crock pot last night), lemon juice, lemon rind, chicken broth and 2 scrambled eggs mixed into the hot broth.  Delish.

Day 6: Today was tricky because I went to a birthday party where everyone was eating delicious treats and then they made S'MORES.  I had 2 turkey meatballs with BBQ sauce- I shouldn't have had that because of the ingredients in the sauce but I felt okay about it.  
Breakfast- 3 scrambled eggs, curry chicken and 1/2 a grapefruit, Naked Red Machine 
Lunch- Salad with clementine segments, sunflower seeds and an apple vinaigrette with a sweet potato "waffle" (the idea was to put the tots in the waffle maker and it mostly worked) and raspberry-apple juice
Snacks- herbed cashews, Sumo citrus fruit
Dinner- leftover lemon chicken soup with a mango

Day 7: I went out and bought a probiotic today.  I read up on some Whole 30 forums yesterday about my GI symptoms and it turns out this is normal but I need to add enzymes or probiotics to my diet.  I thought about caving to eat some yogurt (yuuuuuum) but instead I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today and bought a probiotic capsule.  I feel better already!  Today I think my stomach cramps were actually hunger cramps because I didn't eat as much as I should have today...  I also came to the conclusion that I'm dehydrated so I'm almost finished with my 2nd liter of water today.  
Breakfast- 1/2 a grapefruit (bad, I know) and a LARABAR
Lunch- leftover chicken and asparagus, clementine
Snacks- nut mix, a Sumo citrus fruit
Dinner- chipotle chicken lettuce wraps with avocado and the biggest blueberries ever!

Day 8: I made it a week!  I am feeling much better today having figured out the need for a probiotic and drinking more water.
Breakfast- eggs with red pepper and avo, Red Jacket apple juice 
Lunch- leftovers. Can't remember what though
Dinner- Spiral carrots, summer squash and zucinni sautéed in ghee, sun dried tomato basil chicken sausage from Trader Joe's

Day 9: Twas a beautiful day out today!  I ate my dinner on the front step in lovely 65 degree weather.
Breakfast- Green smoothie! Avo, kale, pineapple and banana mixed with Red Jacket apricot-apple juice. Freaking delish. 
Lunch- also leftovers. Not exciting.
Snacks- LARABAR and nut mix
Dinner- Bison burger from Trader Joe's with avo and plantain chips 

Day 10: I'm still really tired. I sleep better at night but I'm still tired.  And because I'm tired, I sleep in a little longer than I should which leads to less time to make lunch... which lead to me going to Byerly's today.
Breakfast- another green smoothie like yesterday 
Lunch- I went to the salad bar at Byerly's and splurged for some bacon which I'm quite sure I can't have (due to the sugar likely used to cure the bacon) but I didn't care. I also think I got more toppins than salad but that included carrot sticks, matchstick beets, golden raisins, cranberries, cherry tomatoes and pepitas. Also a raspberry vinaigrette that I'm sure was full of sugar so I barely used it 
Snacks- Sumo citrus 
Dinner- Lemon and dill salmon burger from Whole Foods and grapes. I was going to eat some beet chips (that I baked while I ate dinner) but I found I wasn't that hungry for more so I passed 

No comments:

Post a Comment