Saturday, May 22, 2010

#2: More rain

Dear Rain- please happen during the week while I'm at work.  Love, Mary.

I love farmers markets.  LOVE them.  I was happy to have gone to the Winona market on Saturday before I moved home.  This morning, Dad, Mom and I went to the Minneapolis Farmers Market.  It was beautiful.  We had mini donuts and I bought basil to grow and even when it started to rain, it was still wonderful.  I'm so happy to be home for many reasons but especially the amazing farmers markets.  Its going to be a good summer.

When we got home, the dog was cowering in the rain instead of in the dry garage where we left him.  He's apparently afraid of thunder and lightning and we left him alone while it happened.  Oops.  Who knew it was supposed to DOWNPOUR today, anyway?  The meteorologists did not.

I had another great week at work, even though we had quite the day yesterday.  I'm still not used to waking up.  I'm still exhausted but I'm alive and happy so its all good.

Tonight I'm going out with friends to plan my friend Allison's wedding (and enjoy each others' company).  I'm excited because I haven't seen everyone together for a long time.  This is another reason why I'm happy to be home.

Now we're watching Purina's Incredible Dog Challenge.  There's a border collie on TV catching flying discs.  Jazz watched the whole thing.  He's such a smart puppy.  This is what he looks like right now with his crimpy wet fur and cute ears:

All in all, life is good.
----------
I'm reading: Well, I started Memoirs of an Ex Prom Queen by Alix Kates Shulman but I seem to have misplaced it... library tomorrow!
My nails: Sheer pink!  And my hair clearly has a mind of its own thanks to the crazy wind.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Mary,

    A) I beat AJ.
    B) I'm so glad you're having mucho fun at home. I do miss your nails and I look forward to drinking with you some day when I visit...perhaps you myself and AJ can go get a little crazy.
    C) I'm pretty for certain to be getting my bright orange car soon. I'm pumped, keep a weather eye on my blog for pictures. Ideally early this next week.
    D) Did you see shrek yet? Was it good?

    ReplyDelete