Monday, February 4, 2013

Peak 10: Week One

I finished my first week of Peak 10.  Here's a quick recap:

* I was more sore after the fitness test last Sunday than I was all week after the actual classes.
* On the first night we were told to grab a set of moderate weights (5 or 8 pounds) and a set of heavy weights (8 or 10 pounds).  I grabbed 5s and 8s to not push myself too far but those weights were in high demand so I traded up for 8s and 10s.  I was right to be confident about it!  It is a bit harder but at least I'm challenging myself with heavier weights.
* Tuesday and Thursday night classes consist of weights and cardio.  There are 5 circuits.  The first night we ran through each of them once.  The second night we ran through each of them twice with a couple of breaks.  Tomorrow we will do them twice with no breaks.  How exciting...
* Saturday morning classes are all cardio.  Its a mix of dance, a bit of kickboxing and other cardio workouts.  It was intense.
* I went to a foam roller class on Thursday after Peak 10.  They said it would "change my life".  I wasn't convinced and ended up leaving early...
* I'm supposed to supplement my 3 Peak 10 classes with an extra cardio class and an extra stretching class.  I went to yoga on Sunday morning.  It was hard.
* I should have gone to Zumba on Wednesday night (I plan to for the rest of the 8 weeks of Peak 10) but I saved the night to go on a date with a guy who changed his mind Wednesday morning.  I won't make that mistake again.
* I ate nachos on Saturday and a Dove bar on Sunday and felt ill afterwards.  I just had Domino's for dinner and I know I'll regret it later.  Hooray for eating healthy! (or at least healthier than I had been).
* I gained a pound between last Sunday and this past Sunday.  I'm displeased but Erin said that sometimes it takes two weeks to really start seeing results.
* Maybe I should be better about what I'm eating... (says the girl who had two drinks this weekend, so many Super Bowl snacks and countless M&Ms all weekend...)
* I had a crummy day and actually considered going to the gym after work because I thought it would make me feel better.  I ended up coming home to watch a movie with Liz and Trudy instead but the fact that I considered going to the gym as a pick-me-up is some sort of miracle.

So begins week two.  Here's to pushing myself harder than last week and trying to eat better than I have for the past couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment