Saturday, February 9, 2013

Peak 10: Week Two

I've officially finished my second week of Peak 10!

Challenges:
The thing I'm having the most trouble with is my diet. I realized this morning that in the nutrition book we were given, there was no mention of bread or cheese. Those are the two foods I eat the most of. I have cut back on my cheese consumption (woe is me) but I'm having the biggest difficulty not eating bread or things in the bread category. My favorite meal right now is Greek yogurt with a cup of Kashi Go Lean crunchy cereal. It's delicious and filling but I'm pretty sure it's not something I should be eating. My theory has been that as long as its healthy and within my allowed calorie range, I should be able to eat it... except for the giant sushi meal I ate last night but that was a special occasion.

I think I did an exercise or two wrong on Thursday night and tweaked my back a bit.  I feel okay today but yesterday wasn't so good.  I knew one exercise that wasn't working for me so I asked Erin how to modify it so I'll know what to do differently on Tuesday.  I'm fixing and learning so I don't hurt myself!

Successes:
I weighed in at 184 today meaning I lost 3-4 pounds this week.  Apparently my sushi binge last night wasn't as big of a deal as I thought!

I showed off some of my exercises to my coworkers this week.  I'm excited about what I'm doing and I'm proud of the fact that I can do it!!

I started with 8 and 10 pound weights.  Erin told us to increase our heavy weights this week so I went up to 12 on Thursday.  I was struggling a bit and at one point Erin said (to the class) "Mary's using 10 pounds for the first time and she's feeling it!" and I yelled back "These are 12s!"  She came over to me after that circuit and told me if I ever couldn't find 10 pound weights to just take hers.  Then I told her I started at 10s and she told us to go up.  I think she was impressed.

Erin knows my name now which is good and bad.  Its good because I feel like a bigger part of the group.  Its bad because she calls me out in class when I can do something better.  I guess this is actually a good thing because it pushes me.  There are two Marys in my class so she yells "Mary Palin get those knees up!" which I think is pretty funny.  I'm the only person whose last name she has to use.  Maybe I'm special?



I went to Jerry's today looking very obviously like I just worked out and bought a bunch of stuff to bake cupcakes.  I no longer care what anyone things of me when I'm out in public with my workout clothes looking like a hot mess.  It just shows that I'm awesome and I was working out and everyone else should be jealous of my fit self.  :)

I'm feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment