Thursday, September 1, 2011

Food Challenge: PEACHES/Oatmeal Peach Pie

Recipe #2 of my peaches challenge. We bought a crate of Colorado peaches at Cub the other day. I told my dad I'd eat two a day until they were gone. I did that for about a week then forgot we had them. Yesterday he told me I better eat 12 while he was gone because they were so ripe. Instead, I made peach desserts!

It didn't turn out exactly like the pie in the recipe I found but its still good!

Upside Down Peach Crumble Pie
Recipe from: Rock Recipes


Grease a 9 inch springform pan or deep dish pie plate.

In a large bowl toss together:
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2cups rolled oats (large)
1  1/2 cups flour
½ cup brown sugar

Using your hands, rub thoroughly through the dry ingredients:
¾ cup cold butter, cut in small cubes.

Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of the greased pan.

Slice into thick wedges 6 -8 large ripe peaches, peeled or unpeeled; your choice.

Mix together:
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg 

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Toss with the sliced peaches and pour into the prepared crust. You can arrange the peach slices in a circular pattern in a couple of layers if you like.
Cover the pie with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove the foil, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until the filling is bubbling. Cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour before serving.

This is so tasty.  I had some last night and then more for breakfast!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment