Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pizza Diet: Week 2

Feelings after a week: I'm not sick of pizza yet!  I am a little sick of making my own or eating frozen pizza though.  Making my own pizza has been surprisingly easy and usually pretty quick but I'm craving some restaurant-made pizza.  It doesn't fit into my budget this week but I'm traveling for work next week and have picked out some cool pizza places to try!  Also I weighed myself on Monday morning and again this morning (Thursday) and I've lost 2.5 pounds.  I'm guessing that is due to many factors and not just my pizza diet but I'm still kind of happy about it!

I am honestly not sure what happened on 10/14/15.  It is possible that 10/15/15 is supposed to be 10/14.  Somehow I lost a day here... oh well.

10/15/15: Last night when I got home from work I made chicken-bacon-garlic pizza.  I failed to season the sauce so it was a little bland (that is my weakness in cooking, it seems).  But the crust got nice and crispy so that was a plus.  I accidentally grabbed two containers of this pizza for lunch and dinner today (instead of mixing it up with different leftovers) but it was still good warmed up in the microwave!  I cut the pizza into fancy squares and forgot to take a picture of the whole thing so here's a picture of just a little slice.
10/16/15: On Friday I had some delicious brick oven leftovers for lunch. Then I got home and I was really hungry so I made chili pizza. Eileen (my roommate) made chili and it smelled DELICIOUS. My other roomie Amanda suggested I make a cornbread crust and top it with chili and cheese. My roommates are culinary geniuses and the pizza was delicious. I ate one piece before Liz came over and we ended up at Mesa (her first time!!). It was glorious. 
10/17/15: Chili pizza leftovers today. I think for lunch and dinner... I can't recall. Then Amanda and I went out and she ended up buying a pretzel the size of our heads. It wasn't pizza but it was SO good. 
10/18/15: Today I enjoyed my last chicken bacon garlic leftovers for lunch and chili pizza leftovers for dinner. Then I wanted more cheese (which is funny since Amanda is reading a story now about how cheese is basically as addictive as cocaine, according to science). So I used my new Tastefully Simple pizzeria seasoning on a flat bread topped with perfect Ellsworth cheese curds. Damn good cheesy cracker bread and the pizzeria seasoning is just the flavoring this needed! 

10/19/15: I had pizza leftovers for lunch (cleaned out my fridge!) then began my journey south to Illinois for graduate fairs.  I had Culver's for dinner.  Definitely not pizza but it was pretty delicious anyway...

10/20/15: In Galesburg, IL tonight I went to Baked Pizza and ordered their deep dish-style pizza.  I took it back to my hotel room and ate half of it.  There is something about all that melty, crusty, wonderful cheese that makes the Chicago-style deep dish something to be admired.  However I definitely ate too much and felt uncomfortably full afterwards.  I probably won't be eating deep dish again anytime soon.  Baked the restaurant was adorably cobbled together with vintage tables and chairs, a cool chalkboard wall and records everywhere (not sure if they were decoration or meant to be played).  They also had a cool gallery of art in the back "party" area.  I was the only one in there the entire time I waited for my pizza to be made (about 30 minutes) but then again, it was just barely 5:00 p.m.
10/21/15: In Galesburg, IL for night two, I asked some college reps where I should go for good pizza.  They suggested Baked, which I informed them I had been to the night before, so their second choice was Pizza House.  Pizza House was a cute little place with very friendly wait staff.  I wasn't feeling super great so instead of ordering a pizza, I got a "pizza burger" sub sandwich and mozzarella sticks.  The mozz sticks were clearly prepackaged but were still good.  The pizza burger was what I expected from this "mom & pop" shop- bread, lots of sauce, crumbled meat (I think it was just hamburger) and cheese.  Luckily, there was lots of cheese.  Unluckily, I really don't like pizza sauce all that much and the bread got soggy fast so I basically ate the cheese off the sandwich and finished my cheese sticks.  So healthy, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment