Saturday, February 12, 2011

43-49: Week Seven/Picture a Day for a Year

43/365: I made French palmiers today. We had a sheet of puff pastry dough in the freezer, I found the recipe (basically roll the dough out onto sugar, fold up and bake- simple), and badda bing, badda boom, we had these lovely heart shaped treats (even though I am not a fan of Valentine's Day this year). I also made little pies in ramekins and the first of two batches of mini cupcakes. I've been busy baking today.
44/365: I made grilled cheese for lunch today- with sprinkles. We did this in Lourdes every once in a while a few years back- it seems gross but it makes the sandwich like dessert!
45/365: Happy Valentine's Day, I suppose. My mom bought these flowers last week and they're just starting to droop (which is how I felt today). Walking in to work this morning, I slipped and fell on some ice. Not a good start to a day I was already not a fan of. I'm sure someday I'll be less cynical about this holiday but today is not that day.
46/365: I made dinner for mom and Liz tonight. Yay for lovely fruit (that needed sugar because the raspberries weren't very sweet). I love photographing food (obviously). I also love eating it. :)
47/365: To continue on my food theme this week (technically, you can eat rose petals, I guess), this is a picture of organic butter. I'm in love. Today is my dad's birthday and for his birthday from a coworker (whom I love for being a foodie/farmer's market fanatic) he received two loaves of artisan bread and this giant log of fresh cream butter from a dairy in Wisconsin. Its like eating heaven (we're big butter lovers at the Palin house). I can't wait for summer and exploring bigger and better farmers' markets!
48/365: I found this photo op on a walk with the dog. Its a little blurry (I took it with my phone) but I thought it was cool how all the pine-cones were just sitting there like that. Its things like this where you wonder- did someone line them up or did they just happen to fall into plate like that? Nature is amazing sometimes.
49/365: Lunch with Kim at work- our own Cam Ranh Bay day! Yum yum yummmmmm. I found my new favorite meal- chicken over rice noodle. FANTASTIC. I want to eat lunch there everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment