Saturday, March 23, 2013

Peak 10: Week Eight

I'm done!  I'm sad to say it but I'm done!

After our final workout on Thursday, I almost cried due to relief and also sadness that a small chapter of my life is over!

I will wait to post my final results when I get my pictures and info from Erin.  The good news is that it was worth getting up at 6 a.m. today to go to Bring It! for my final fit test.  It was early but the results were pleasing.

What's next for me, you ask?

TCO is starting a running club that I've decided to try out.  One of the physical therapists is going to be in charge and work with everyone in the group to modify and make the best run for each of us.  My knees suck but I'm going to the first run just to see how it goes.

I'd also like to find something that involves kicking.  Right now I am considering Tae Kwon Do because I know a TKD master and all... otherwise maybe I'll find a good kickboxing class.  I'm not sure yet.

Erin told us today that this is our new starting point- how we feel today is our new zero and it should only go up from here.  If someone asks us to play a sport this summer, we should do it (sand volleyball, here I come).  I plan to spend a lot more time outside this summer wearing shorts and being active.  I'm excited.  It should be good.

Anyway, I'll post again when I get my final results so you can see how awesome this was for me!  I can't wait to go from here.  I may have fallen off the "clean eating" wagon a bit today (first time I ate Panera in 2 months then I had gourmet donuts for dessert) but I'm back on tomorrow... or Monday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment