Saturday, March 9, 2013

Peak 10: Week Six

This week did not start well for me.  After a frustrating day at work on Tuesday, I went to Peak 10 and Erin told me I was doing a couple of the moves wrong.  I appreciate that she is there to help each of us succeed and overcome our individual issues.  Mine is posture.  I couldn't do dead lifts or squats correctly.  She showed me what I should be doing right and a couple of stretches to help the squats.  I was super frustrated after class.  I don't like to struggle.  I don't deal well with constructive criticism, even when I know its for the greater good.  I was displeased.

I woke up Wednesday morning determined to make a change.  I finally took the step to "eat clean" as Erin calls it and cut out all the processed foods I've been eating.  I had a kale, blood orange and grilled chicken salad for lunch.  I had chicken and asparagus for dinner.  Fruits and veggies are once again my only snacks.  On Thursday I had granola and milk with protein powder for breakfast, more kale and chicken salad and asparagus for dinner before Peak.

Thursday night Peak went so much better.  I'm still having issues with some of the moves like the push ups but I've never been able to really do a push up well so I'm not as frustrated about that.  I figured out the squats on Thursday.  I did okay with my dead lifts.  I felt so much better.

This morning when I weighed in, I was 1 pound lighter on the evil scale (Erin calls it the scale of doom because she knows its not 100% accurate but its what we started with so its what we're using).  They just installed a medical-grade digital scale so I checked myself on that and I weighed 3 pounds less than the scale of doom.  Erin high-fived me.  She said the medical scale is our true weight so I'm feeling a lot better about that.

This morning before I went to class I took this picture.
I wore all Under Armour clothes to work out today and thought, when did I become an athlete?  It wasn't until this week that I actually have been sore after workouts and made the changes I needed to.  I became an athlete this week.

Two weeks left!  Only one more full week with cardio and then the last week we'll do our fitness post-test instead.  Crazy.

Also, because I forgot to post this last week, here is the video that was on Twin Cities Live about our class!  I cannot embed the video so check out this link.

1 comment: