Sunday, April 24, 2011

#20: Wedding Fever

Last September, one of my best friends Allison married Phil Wolpers. See the wedding pictures here. Phil has turned in to part of our big friend family and I love him like a brother.

I'm excited for another best friend Jaci and Ryan to get married next. I'm excited for wedding plans and parties and dress shopping. The other day, we found a bridesmaid dress online that Jaci liked and Ryan approved of so I'm excited about that. It sparked my wedding fever to make a few inspiration boards for Jaci.

I picked out a bunch of wedding dresses I thought Jaci would like (or at least would look really good on her) and then she laughed and asked if I picked them out for her or if I was picking them out for myself... I can't help that I love weddings and secretly want to plan my own. Plus I have to admit I was surprised at the dress Jaci did chose- its beautiful and I know she'll look gorgeous in anything but it is more formal than I was expecting! I guess I'm just excited for when I get married so I can do all of the off-the-charts, not-so-ordinary ideas I have swarming around in my brain.

Anyway, here are the inspiration boards I created for Jaci this time around (I included ideal ceremony/reception sites as well). I'm excited to really start planning this summer, though they may be pushing back the wedding another year... either way, I think it'd be nice to get some ideas set in stone or at least to get her really thinking about what she wants.

Don't forget to click on the pictures to view their full size!

This board includes the dress in the color that Jaci seemed to like the most so it was my starting off point. She also originally liked a dress color called "Sangria" that was kind of a dark fuschia so I figured throwing the pink in to play would be fun.

At first I paired the apple green dress with this board (and it would work well if she prefers it) but then I realized how cool the silver dress would be with this scheme. I think it would be so cool to get married at Minnehaha Falls.

When we were looking at all the dress colors, Allison mentioned that she liked the black version. I wasn't sold at first but when I looked back, I realized how beautiful, clean and simple a black and white wedding could be. I don't know if it'd be too simple for Jaci though.

This has been my idea from the beginning (when I found out they were engaged)- using the jade pendant Ryan gave her as inspiration for everything. That brought me to succulents and perhaps one of my favorite plans so far. The midnight blue dress was another favorite color when we were browsing and I think it would fit well here.

So there you have it- four ideas for a far out wedding that I can't stop thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment