Saturday, June 11, 2011

#24: Calendars and Lists

I had two things I wanted to share today.  They're both about me being organized!  Ha.

 First of all, I've been thinking about this a lot this week.  I love calendars. Every year at Christmas, we get a new calendar for the next year from "Santa". The first thing I do is write in everyone's birthdays and holidays. This year in addition to the calendar from Santa, I made my own calendar where I got to put people's pictures on the day of their birth. It is awesome and I love it. The only thing is how permanent it is and how fickle life is. This is what's bothering me this month:

Yesterday was Sean's birthday. When I made this calendar in November 2010, we were still talking and friends and hanging out occasionally. As soon as the new year hit, that all changed but he's still here, staring me down every time I look at the calendar this month. It upsets me that he was in my life one minute and the next, he disappeared. I had a hard time yesterday deciding whether or not I should wish him a happy birthday on Facebook. I decided I'd think about it during the day and make a decision later. Then I forgot until I got home and looked at my calendar again while I was getting ready for bed. I love birthdays (he knows I love birthdays) so I probably should have said something but oh well. I think I've made enough attempts to engage in conversation with him since my own birthday when this all started and clearly he doesn't care to talk to me. Therefore, no birthday wishes to him. The shitty thing is its only June 11th and I have to stare at his special day on my calendar for 20 more days. Grr.  Luckily, his picture is tiny compared to the awesome pictures of Heidi & me at her parents' summer solstice party last year.  Something to look forward to at the end of this month!


The other thing I wanted to post today is how you can tell I am my father's daughter. He is apparently where I learned to make lists. I was going to post my list of things I wanted to do this summer and when I walked into the kitchen for breakfast, I found his own list, just for the weekend.
I love my daddy.
And here is my list for the summer.  Short and sweet!  And on the cutest cupcake paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment