Monday, July 11, 2011

#27: Thoughts, Lists and Things

Things I Don't Understand
1. How a state government can just SHUT DOWN
2. The sexy chiropractor/intern- does he like me or not???
3. It is a law that when a refugee from another country arrives in Minnesota, housing must already be established for such people and then they go through steps to get into our welfare system. I'm all about helping people out of refugee camps but how can we go above and beyond for these people when our soldiers are returning from war and becoming homeless? This 60 Minutes story really got me thinking about this issue.
4. Members of my family
5. Politics and why we can't all just get along
6. Michelle Bachmann

My Favorite Things About Summer
* V-neck t-shirts
* Dog parks
* 30 Rock
* Adventures
* Growing herbs in my garden
* Lemon ice at Culver's
* Being blonde
* Farmer's markets
* Sunny yellow
* Ice water

Bands I would have preferred to hear at the Basilica Block Party
* Mumford & Sons
* Adele
* Trampled by Turtles (even though I'm seeing them next weekend)
* Matt Nathanson

A few of my favorite friend memories
* When we went to Mexico and had dinner at Tacos & Beer where Trudy, Allison, Sarah and I picked all the cilantro out of Jaci's tacos because she hates cilantro.  I really felt that was a defining moment in our friendship because it just seemed like the only thing for us to do at that moment.
* Playing in the rain with Tyler Treptow (after I had to do some serious convincing that he wasn't going to get pneumonia)
* Jaci and Trudy coming to my block party a few years ago where we gave them fake nametags then spent the night taking pictures and laughing out on my hill
* Allison & Phil's wedding
* Riding the shuttle in Orlando back to the hotel after a long day at Universal, watching "Enchanted" then having the bus driver tell us what would happen next so when we got off the shuttle, we wouldn't be left hanging

No comments:

Post a Comment