Saturday, January 1, 2011

#13: New Year's Resolutions

1. Cut out sweets.  I just started Weight Watchers with a goal of losing 20 pounds by the summer.  I pledged to lose 20 pounds to this website that will donate money to the Second Harvest Heartland in St. Paul.  Of course, I'm drinking a Diet Coke right now but its better than a regular Coke, right?  According to Weight Watchers, it is 0 of my allotted 34 points per day so that's good.  I'm going to have to try Diet Dr Pepper (THE HORROR).

2. Take Jazz for a walk every day.  As part of Weight Watchers, I need activity at least once a day.  I'm going to start waking up earlier than I have been to take him for a walk before work.  I'm not doing this for Weight Watchers, mostly because that dog needs many walks a day and I need to get moving in general.

3. Be more positive/find some sort of faith.  We get calendars every year from "Santa" and this year I picked one out from Calendars.com that was called "Sassy and Sophisticated" or something like that.  All I could see in the previews were bright colors, quotes and cute pictures so I was sold.  When I opened it Christmas morning, I realized it was a Christian calendar.  I was initially a bit turned off but now I think maybe I needed it this year, maybe the subtle Christianity and basic bible quotes will be good for me.
It says "She welcomes the years with arms open wide and loves life with the kind of passion that comes straight from God"
4. Cut out the crap in my life.  I'm tired of being upset, letting the little things get to me, not being happy due to stupid things.  I feel like this is a resolution of mine every year so maybe 2011 is going to be my year to make this a reality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment