Saturday, January 29, 2011

29-35: Week Five/Picture a Day for a Year

29/365: Jenna and I went on an adventure on Saturday (resurrecting the Saturday Adventure Day) and drove out to Fountain City to Lefse Time where we ate tasty lefse and bought cute trinkets.
30/365: I bought these cool purple potatoes at Byerly's last week and finally tonight we're going to use them for dinner! They're beautiful and look almost iridescent. I'm excited to eat them!
31/365: For my birthday, Trudy got me the cutest owl salt & pepper shakers (Martha and Angus, respectively). I've been waffling with my Antrhopologie gift card trying to decide if I wanted to buy this ceramic set of measuring cups but as soon as I saw the owls, I knew it was meant to be. They finally came in the mail today and they match PERFECTLY. I can't wait to build my future kitchen around these very special items!
32/365: I had a picture picked out for today then I took the dog outside and saw this icicle on our Weber grill and had to take a picture of it instead. I am getting so sick of winter but I love these little wonders.
33/365: I made asparagus soup tonight. The outcome was good- Dad said he'd make it for guests as a first course if we ever had a fancy dinner. I had to put hot asparagus and chicken stock in the blender to puree it and everything went great the first time but then I took the top off and didn't replace it correctly so green soup splattered but luckily, not all over everything. I like green things. They make me think of spring.
34/365: My new home! This is a super boring picture, though the blue sky is nice, because it was cold out and I didn't want to take the time at the end of the day to take an artsy picture. Also, I don't work at urgent care. I noticed that it said that only now... its a new sign. Officially on Monday I start work at our Burnsville clinic indefinitely. I moved my stuff in today (I'm taking tomorrow off for a workshop). I have to say, I'm quite excited but I already miss a few of my Edina coworkers, maybe one in particular.
35/365: Heck yes I backed into this parking spot in a tiny parking ramp downtown today NEXT TO THIS POLE. I'm pretty much amazing... until I got lost leaving the parking lot and ended up in Sketchville Minneapolis. Luckily, I made it home alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment